Nursing students, who are eligible to participate in the training and flu clinics, must be currently enrolled in the CSU Channel Islands’ Nursing Program and have completed Pharmacology I & II.
The student must also complete the training each year on influenza immunization by following the outline below:
- Read the objectives for IVIE.
- Take the pre-quiz to evaluate baseline knowledge.
- Complete all of the activities identified under training modules.
- Take the post-test, achieving a score greater than 85%.
- Practice IM injection administration in the Simulation Lab or review using ATI or Lippincott resources.
The completion of each of the above items can be done at different times and not all at once. The entire training, including practice time in the simulation lab, is estimated at 1.5 hours of time. Once the training is complete you will be eligible to earn the IVIE digital badge.